It is a common skin problem in which a slightly hard, fluid-filled lump appears under the skin, and the color of this mass is usually yellow or white. These cysts are usually not considered cancerous, and they often appear anywhere on the body except the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet, but they are common to appear on the face and neck and the torso.
Symptoms of the appearance of sebaceous cysts:
- The appearance of a small, painless lump under the skin, but in some cases the lumps are large and can cause some pain and a feeling of pressure.
- The color of the mass is white or yellow, because it is full of keratin and lipids.
- They can appear anywhere on the body, but they most commonly appear on the face, scalp, neck, and torso .
Methods of treating sebaceous cyst:
- The treatment of the sebaceous cyst is by surgery that is determined according to the pain felt by the patient and the size of the cyst, and it is removed with a scalpel. Surgery is the most common solution in the treatment of the sebaceous cyst, and it is done through a surgical operation with a total anesthesia, and the doctor enters the place of the cyst and removes it from its roots.
- Laser excision: In this method, the doctor makes an incision in the cyst through a laser to drain its contents, and the outer walls of the cyst are removed after a month.
- Liposuction, where the contents of the fatty cyst are sucked out.
- Steroid injections: They are injected into the place of the cyst and eliminate it with the passage of days.
Ways to prevent sebaceous cyst infection:
- Eat foods rich in fiber, such as vegetables and fruits.
- Drinking 3 liters of water a day prevents the formation of toxins in the body.
- Avoid stress and anxiety as they are among the most important reasons for the formation of fat cells in the body.
- Avoid fast food and foods rich in fat.