Encapsulated gastric sleeve
Thyroid cancer occurs in the cells of the thyroid gland, a butterfly-shaped gland located at the bottom of your neck, just below the Adam’s apple. The thyroid gland produces hormones that regulate heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature and weight.
Although thyroid cancer is not common in the United States, rates appear to be increasing. Doctors believe this is because newer technology allows them to detect smaller thyroid cancers, which might have gone undetected previously.
Most cases of thyroid cancer can be treated.
Thyroid cancer usually does not show any signs or symptoms in the early stages of the disease. As thyroid cancer grows, it may cause:
- A lump that can be felt through the skin of the neck
- Changes in the voice, including increased hoarseness.
- Difficulty swallowing, pain in the neck and throat
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck
* The remaining part of the stomach is stapled with advanced types of modern American-made smart electronic staplers, which are characterized by their efficiency and artificial intelligence in determining the appropriate sizes for the staples used in stapling according to the thickness of each part of the stomach tissue, and also the speed required for stapling is determined according to the need and thickness of each part Of these parts, which guarantees the quality and strength of the stapling and reduces any possibilities for any complications such as complications of bleeding or leakage that can result due to any defects in the stapling, such as holes or openings through which internal juices or stomach fluids can pass into the outer cavity around it.Hence the starting point for thinking about enveloping quantization, so what is Encapsulated gastric sleeve?
– Encapsulated sleeve gastrectomy is the usual gastric sleeve procedure with all its steps, but an important step is added to the basic steps of the sleeve gastrectomy process to ensure the tight closure of the staple line, which is the wrapping step to protect and cover the staple line and prevent any possibility of any bleeding or leakage problems.
How is the encapsulation done in the encapsulated sleeve gastrectomy?
Covering the stomach with surgical lines:
After the end of the stapling stage, the staples area is wrapped with special surgical sutures that have the property of not melting, which tightens the closure of the staples line, increases the safety rate, reduces the possibilities of leakage, and also has another benefit, which is preventing the stomach from expanding again, which increases the efficiency of the sleeve results.
* Covering the stomach with a napkin:
Some doctors resort to using a napkin to wrap the line of staples in the stomach using sutures, and this type also has many advantages, including raising the level of safety and stressing the reduction of leakage rates. Complications of continuous vomiting or esophageal reflux.
Gastric sleeve with chemical encapsulation:
The latest types of packaging for sleeve gastrectomy operations and the latest science in modernizing sleeve gastrectomy operations, a type that Dr. Ahmed Safina, a consultant bariatric and laparoscopic surgeon, is unique to, and is considered the first to use in Egypt due to his desire to reach bariatric surgeries to the maximum level of safety.
It is a reinforcement of the staple line by means of cyanoacrylate adhesive, which does not require any additional stitches or seams.
Advantages of using chemical packaging in the sleeve:
* Reducing the operation time compared to the time it takes to sew around the pin line or to fix the abdominal napkin, as cyanoacrylate has its speed in converting from the liquid state to solid within a few seconds, and speed is also an important factor in raising the level of safety in bariatric operations against the possibility of infection.
*Adding cyanoacrylate material and covering it to the staple line is an important and effective step as it acts as an insulating and protective layer that protects the staple line, strengthening and sealing any holes or holes that may exist.
* Help stop bleeding if it occurs.
Reaching the lowest possible leakage in bariatric surgeries in general and sleeve gastrectomy in particular.
* The napkin can also be fixed with cyanoacrylate, so we get all the advantages of packaging methods, which are stabilizing the stomach, preventing stomach twists, complications of repeated vomiting and gastric reflux, in addition to reducing the chances of leakage.
Sleeve gastrectomy operations are in continuous progress and a new step is always being added or updated to develop it to suit all cases of obese patients of different weights or health problems, and Dr. To provide the best results and to ensure that the patient continues to enjoy these results for life, and to be a sufficient reason to radically change his life for the better.
What is infusion and what are its complications?
* In the past, leakage was the first enemy and the most serious problem that threatened sleeve gastrectomy operations, but with the advancement of smart stapler methods and the addition of packaging steps, especially chemical packaging for sleeve gastrectomy operations, leakage is no longer a threat to gastric sleeve operations.
* Leakage is the exit of internal stomach juices and fluids to the outside of the stomach through small openings or holes in the pin line.
* When these liquids and juices come out, they reach the tissues surrounding the pin line and the stomach and cause infection, and this is what may happen during the first 3 days after the sleeve gastrectomy operation, as a result of which the patient feels severe pain knowing that the successful sleeve gastrectomy does not cause any pain from the second day of the operation .
* These juices can reach the lung, and here they can cause pneumonia in the patient or the abdominal cavity, and this is what happens during the first week or 10 days after the sleeve gastrectomy.
Symptoms of a leak:
-Severe pain and nausea.
-A constant desire to vomit.
– High temperatures.
-Reduction of Blood pressure.
– Increase the number of urination times.
If these complications occur or you feel these symptoms, you should immediately go to your doctor to take the necessary action.
Why does the leak happen?
* The reasons are divided between you and your doctor, so you should check the choice of the doctor who will perform the sleeve gastrectomy or any of the bariatric surgeries for you. You must search for his experience and the success of his previous cases and listen to the experiences of those who preceded you and their testimonies about his honesty or competence.
* Also using modern tools such as the best types of smart staplers, which will guarantee you higher security against complications of leakage and others, in addition to ensuring the quality of the desired results.
* Also, your commitment to post-operative instructions has a great impact on the success of the sleeve gastrectomy and reducing its complications, such as your commitment to gradual food intake and your commitment to consuming liquids only during the first week after the operation to avoid pressure on the stomach wall or the line of pins and causing several problems, including leakage.
Sleeve gastrectomy operations are extremely safe operations, and the incidence of such complications does not count against the advantages and benefits of sleeve gastrectomy operations on your life, so do not wait too long, but carefully choose your doctor, as he is the main secret behind the success of sleeve gastrectomy and obesity.